Le voyage d’Abdou Issaka/Votre voyage
Less on plan created by Jen Bouchard
French language lesson (adv. beg.)
Language Learning Objectives
- Students will be able to use the passé composé and imparfait to describe what they heard/watched about Abdou Issaka’s journey from Senegal to France.
- Students will be able to use the passé composé and imparfait to craft a personal narrative in the past.
Multimodal Learning Obectives
- Students will be able to visually and orally describe a past journey using Powtoon.
- Give students a list of topics or questions in French to guide their viewing of the film. Examples: Où est-ce qu’Abdou Issaka est né/a grandi? Quel est son métier? Qu’est-ce qu’il aime faire? Quand est-ce qu’il est venu en France? Quels étaient ses impressions de la France quand il est arrivé? Qu’est-ce qu’il pense de la France maintenant?
- Show students Abdou Issaka’s film.
- In partners/small groups, ask students to discuss and write 4-6 sentences in the passé composé and imparfait about Abdou’s story.
- Have students share their sentences with the class (they can write them on the board, read them aloud, etc.)
- Ask students to think about a time they found themselves in an environment that was completely new to them (while traveling, in school, etc.). Have them write a 10-12 sentence story in the past that they will use as the basis for their Powtoon.
Students will create a Powtoon to tell their story. The Powtoon will combine images and sound (students reading their written narrative). Students will present their Powtoon to the class.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.